Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights always on

Hello, I have a 1997 3.8 Camaro RS
    Not to long ago I noticed that my headlights are always on. Before this happened, they would be on or off whether it was dark or light outside. I miss having the look of my headlights being off in the day. I can't seem to find a place to begin in troubleshooting this, as I would prefer to work on it myself than take it to a shop.
    I own a Haynes manual and can't seem to find a place to start when looking at the light diagram in the back. The ambient light sensor caught my eye, do sensors like these go bad?
    Any input on my situation would be helpful, thanks!

Re: Headlights always on

I would suspect the light sensor, as that is the only thing to make the lights come on automatically. Yes, they can go bad.
    '99 Mountaineer AWD 5.0 - 4300K HID, Some Bolt-ons
    '97 RS - HPTuner, Bolt-ons
    '09 WRX - Aesthetic mods

Comment

edit: posted to soon, I found that the sensor is located in the dash which would make sense, because I have been toying with the dash and may have left it unplugged.
      I will post when I figure this out

thanks for the input.
      I am having trouble finding where this sensor is located, and or where I can find a new one. It could be possible I am not searching for the correct name of the part though.
      Would Advance Auto Parts carry something like this?
      Last edited by treckstar; 12-25-2008, 01:03 PM. Reason: found the answer myself

Comment

if the sensor is unplugged, the lights will stay on; either plug it back in, or replace it. It's just a photoresistor, and can be found at radio shack for pretty cheap. A temp fix until you find it would be driving with the e-brake up 1 notch; that won't activate the lights until you put it down.
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X