Wipers don't work with Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipers don't work with Headlights

OK so when my headlights are on the wipers do not work at all. They freeze in the position they were in.

When my parking lights are not (not headlights) they work fine, and same with the headlights off.

i checked the headlight bulbs and everything is fine there. any ideas?

Thanks for the help
    1968 350 PG SC<br />1998 3800II M5

Re: Wipers don't work with Headlights

The first thing I would do is check the grounds. Also, check the relays. Do your headlights dim at all? Do the high-beams work OK?

A bad ground can cause all kinds of weird problems. What could be happening (theoretically) is that the current finds an easier path through the headlight system than the wiper system.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

the headlights dim. i haven't checked the high beams. i'll take a look at the grounds too.

Comment

good call, the ground on the top of the LH side of the rad support was loose. Tightened down the bolt and all is good. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X