3.4 add-on fan controller help wanted. Anyone familiar with op amps? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.4 add-on fan controller help wanted. Anyone familiar with op amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 add-on fan controller help wanted. Anyone familiar with op amps?

I'm attempting to make a thermostat that will run off of the 5-volt reference voltage and the stock temperature sensor on the engine block of the 3.4, all while leaving the PCM stock. I've got a circuit schematic drawn out using a 741 op amp but am a little confused about weather a 12 volt powered op amp set up like a comparator will be able to sense the voltage change that's off a 5 volt reference.

I'm at the stage of getting ready to test the circuit in the car... but before doing that, I was wondering if there was anyone else with more experience with electronics that could help me to determine if I have the right set up on this op amp circuit. (I'll give you credit when I post the final project!).

If your wondering why the heck I'm doing this; it's because the stock PCM is set to turn fans on at over 200 degrees causing the 180 or 160 thermos to create crazy temp fluctuation when at idle, the 3.4 PCM is impossibly difficult to reprogram and I (foolishly) don't want to use a separate temperature sensor.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X