Battery/ Gauges Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery/ Gauges Problem

When i turn on the car and the radio is on my speedometer and rpm gauge start moving uncontrollably, but when i turn the radio of it seems to be a little less jumpy, or sometimes it stops. I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem is? I was looking at the battery gauge and it is usually in the red range. Also when i rev the car a little it becomes less of a problem. I was wondering if it was the Battery, the Alternator, or some kind of interference. Thanks for the help

Re: Battery/ Gauges Problem

Take your battery and alternator out and take them to an auto parts store to have them tested. Its free, and it will help you narrow down the problem.
    <b>1995 Pontiac Firebird</b> || 3.4L V6

Comment

Ah, I'm a few days late but it's either the alternator or the battery. The alternator can't charge up the battery or the battery can't hold a charge.

I had the same problem with the gauges and whatnots dying.. replaced the battery and it still wanted to die on me so I bought a new alternator and all is well now.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

if it has the delco battery take off the mosotive post and check for corrosion sometimes that will cause that issue you may get corrosion behind the connector too since they press in if it is bad it will just break when removing so you will know

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X