Excellent diagnostic device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent diagnostic device

normally i just lurk the body/appearance section, but i figured id offer a bit of info here. i just got my power probe 3 the other day and ill tell ya this thing is awesome.

dont know what a power probe is? they call it the "ultimate in circuit testing" and theyre pretty close. its basically a hand held test light that hooks up to your car battery via alligator clips or a cigarette lighter plug. you can apply positive or negative voltage to a circuit, use it as a jumper, check for voltage or ground (informing you if its a weak ground at that too), check continuity, check for shorts, and a bunch of other features with the 3rd generation unit.

the 3rd gen unit may be a bit excessive for the average person, having all the extra features and the price tag that comes with it. but im sure the 1st and 2nd gen units are still available at reasonable costs. however if youre anybody like me, building cars for a living, you cant beat this thing. i originally bought the 2nd gen unit but found out i use it so much i needed another one (getting tired of carrying it around all the time and remembering to bring it to work) so i bought the 3rd gen unit. it has too many features to list here and ive used almost all of em already. now i keep one at the shop and one in my car :D

now i know i sound like a sales rep... im not, trust me... but if you do any kind of wiring at all (and/or youre a bit of a "gotta have it" freak like me) you would benefit greatly by having one.

i just wanted to share how useful these things are. properly used they would solve 90% or more of the questions in this section. they can be found cheaper, but heres where i got mine from: http://www.matcotools.com/Catalog/to...select=&page=4 first listing on that page.
    foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
    if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Re: Excellent diagnostic device

My dads got one of those. Useful.
    not sure if its the same brand. very similar though.

Comment

Re: Excellent diagnostic device

My buddy's got one of those. It's awesome; almost scares me how much it can do!
      ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
      A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        2 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X