My New Setup..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Setup..

I do web design work for a local car stereo company and got my first "payment" last night. Setup is two 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch P1's with a 250.2 Rockford Fosgate Amp. The box is made to fit in the hole in the hatch area. Bumps real nice when needed, but has remote bass control for when I want the quality sound. Here is the pics...And I have a question, see where my amp is sitting? What is below that area, is it safe to screw my amp into it? Will it hit any important parts? Any suggestions on mounting that amp. I normally would have those wires covered up and running under the carpet, I haven't got around to it yet, kinda got excited and hooked um up real quick.

Next I will install my capacitor and a flip out touch screen cd player.

Re: My New Setup..

Looks good man. If you're worried about messing something up under the carpet, slide a peice of plywood, cardboard, or something under it and screw into that, the carpet comes up failry easy when you flip the rear seats. I've got those subs as well in a custom box on a RF 325.1, and they do hit nice for the price. I'd say a cap isn't needed with what you've got, but I've read that it also cleans up the mids and bass, so I've been thinking of getting one. Let me know if you notice a difference with it if you get one.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Alright, where do you have your amp mounted? I might slide up and take a look under the carpet, it would be nice if I could just drill rite into it without adding any wood. Well im getting all this for free basically, just doing some fun web design work for it and maintaining ebay for them so why not add one? Eventually Ill throw some nicer 12s in and dual amps.

Comment

I've got mine in the very back on the driver's side; opposite side of the spare tire. And for the price, RF's rock. I've got a whole $200 invested into my 2 12's and amp, and I hit nicely and sound good. It doesn't hit so hard that it takes your breathe away, but it's right on the verge of it (there are a few songs that do :D ), and it's not distorting at all while doing that (unlike everyone's Kickers)
        ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
        A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

nice, mines bout the same way...any pics of ur setup?

Comment

I took a peice of 3/4" MDF under the carpet, and mounted the amp to that.

To hide my wires i cut holes in the carpet and ran them underneath.. the power wire & ground I didnt, but red and silver wire stuck out like a sore thumb, so i just wrapped them in electrical tape to be a little less noticeable.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

clean setup...I guess ill do the same with my amp....I about starte drilling in there but kinda got paranoid...glad I didnt.

Comment

i keep my 1200 watt sony amp in the exact spot as you and i just put 3 fat strips of velcrow on it and it never comes unstuck.

Comment

I did mine as more of a theft deterrant.

The wood is under the carpet, not mounted and the amp is on top of the carpet screwed into the wood, making it harder to steal.

The velcrow would keep it in place but the slight chance that your down on your luck and your car gets broken into, it only takes a few seconds to yank the wires out and go!

38Camaro302, dont drill into the metal, the fuel tank is right below there and it would be bad if it got punctured.
                  Plus, no holes in the metal, just the carpet and the wood u placed.

I also like to whip the @ss end of my car around from time to time, with the LSD and with that much force the velcrow COULD come undone, and yank wires out of the amp.. sliding around etc..
                  *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98
                    38Camaro302, dont drill into the metal, the fuel tank is right below there and it would be bad if it got punctured.
                    QFT!!!!
                    Red 96' A4 Firebird
                    Audio Audio and Autotek
                    Check it out here!

Comment

wat does qft mean lol?

Comment

Originally posted by 38camaro302
                        wat does qft mean lol?
                        Quoted for truth
                        Red 96' A4 Firebird
                        Audio Audio and Autotek
                        Check it out here!

Comment

10-4 thanks for clearing that up

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X