X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in head unit?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...FQOYWAodLFkkow

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16843

Can someone who knows alot about stereos tell me the difference. I would think the 8 is better then the 7 but it seems that the 8 is cheaper. Just let me know what the main differences are and which you guys would pick.
    Last edited by josh98bird; 04-24-2007, 09:16 PM.
    Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Re: Difference in head unit?

those links go to the same page.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

found the 8, assuming it's this one?
      http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16639

From a quick look over, the 7 has a slightly higher RMS wattage, and has twice the preamp voltage, meaning your amp gains won't have to be set as high assuming your running subs, and you have the potential of turning your amps up higher because of the higher input voltage. However the gains should be set according to the voltage and won't end up being a whole lot louder if it's set right.

I think i'd get the 8 because the difference really isn't too huge, and i like the look of the 8 better, and the price difference makes it that much more attractive.

User ratings lean toward teh 7 though, so you might want to keep that in mind and read the reviews
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
        and has twice the preamp voltage, meaning your amp gains won't have to be set as high assuming your running subs, and you have the potential of turning your amps up higher because of the higher input voltage. However the gains should be set according to the voltage and won't end up being a whole lot louder if it's set right.
        Pretty much on the right track, but you missed the real reason. Having a high amount of voltage on your RCAs allows you to set your gains lower and achieve the same power out. Thereby reducing the amplification of any induced noises in the RCAs. If you have engine noise or something similar, higher voltage RCAs will usually help. Worth the 30 bucks IMO.
        Red 96' A4 Firebird
        Audio Audio and Autotek
        Check it out here!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky
          those links go to the same page.
          fixed now... sorry guys

Originally posted by TheGr8Scholtzky
          found the 8, assuming it's this one?
          http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=16639
          No, but I do like that one. Can you now tell me the difference between the two up top.
          Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

The 8 has a color oel display. I think the 7 just lets you change the color of the background, it doesnt look like a full color display. I have last years model of that headunit, and love it. Awesome headunit. I got mine from crutchfield. Other that great audio control, the unit looks great too. I uploaded 2 pics of my car onto it and usually have one of them as my background.
            2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by lookout4theyeti
              The 8 has a color oel display. I think the 7 just lets you change the color of the background, it doesnt look like a full color display. I have last years model of that headunit, and love it. Awesome headunit. I got mine from crutchfield. Other that great audio control, the unit looks great too. I uploaded 2 pics of my car onto it and usually have one of them as my background.
              whats color OEL display? or what is OEL?

I like the headunit and they seem to be exactly the same besides price and what you stated. I don't want to be picky but I think a red display behind the buttons and such would match the red lights behind the dash and speedometer.

Comment

OEL= something electro luminescent iirc. Not entirely sure though

Edit: Googled it and came up with Organing ElectroLuminescent. Organic just seems out of place to me though
                ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
                A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

so one changes colors of the lights behind all the buttons and such or changes the lighting of the display and picture?

Comment

*Panasonic CQ-C7413U Aux Input- Yes
                    *Panasonic CQ-C8413U Aux Input - No

The only differences I can see there, They both look like very nice headunits, good choice!
                    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

yeah, organic electro luminescent... all your pictures and videos will be in color with that, its just some type of color screen. The other one is just one color at a time.
                      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to get another phone
                        by ssms5411
                        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Leaking front cover
                        by ssms5411
                        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • transamtom1
                        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                        by transamtom1
                        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X