Hifonics Amps....any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hifonics Amps....any good?

I'm looking for a powerful Mono-Sub amp. I don't have the money for high-end equipment but yet I don't want junk, either. I've seen Hifonics Amps recommended on this board now and then. Anyone ever use these amps or know of someone who has used them? The one I'm looking at is a Hifonics 'Brutus' Bxi1606D. http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-BXi1606...QQcmdZViewItem
    It says it can put out 1,100watts RMS x 1 @ 2-ohm or 1600 watts RMS x 1 @ 1-ohm. I emailed a guy selling one on ebay and he says it uses two 80-amp fuses. Just by the large fuse rating, thats an indication to me it can dish out the power it says. I've seen amps that claim they can put out a lot of power but yet they only have like a 15-amp fuse lol I was running a single 12" sub but it blew. I just got done ripping everything out and I've always wanted to run four 12"subs....so, I figured what the hell...I'm going to do it. (I'm not sure what 12's I want yet). Anyway, just wanted to get some feedback on Hifonics amps to see if their power output ratings are for real and how durable they are (I'd hate to have it for only a week and it burn up.) This is all going in a 06 Tiburon by the way...not a firebird or camaro. Thanks for any info.
    -Nick
    2006 Tiburon

Re: Hifonics Amps....any good?

thats plenty of power and consistancy. I dont no that company well but i would go for it if its cheap enough.

Comment

Hifonics is a good brand. It will do around the specified rating, and will last quite a while. Good bang for the buck.
      <b><i>Don\'t Ever Judge Me</i></b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/earnhardt132000\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Firebird Y87 3.8L V6 5spd</a><br />--No mods as of yet, shoot me some ideas if ya want.<br />178,000 miles and counting

Comment

Hifonics is good even though there lowest line is bxi, it dose the job and just don't run below recommended settings and u ll be fine

Comment

I put a 500w 4-ch. Hifonics Titan Amp in my camaro last september, and it gave out plenty of power and sounded great.

I liked it alot! ...So much, that I bought a second one last week for the GTO.
          sigpic

Comment

thanks for the input everyone. I'd get something nicer but I'm on a budget. I've heard good things before about Hifonics amps, just thought I'd get a few more opinions. Thanks again... I'll prob end up getting the bxi1606D.
            2006 Tiburon

Comment

Originally posted by nda0602v6
              I just got done ripping everything out and I've always wanted to run four 12"subs....so, I figured what the hell...I'm going to do it.
              We want pics ASAP:stp:
              Red 96' A4 Firebird
              Audio Audio and Autotek
              Check it out here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                2 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X