Got a new h/u, kenwood X990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new h/u, kenwood X990

One day after work i got in my car, as soon as i started it i could hear engine whine. i was blown away how loud it was too, through all of the speakers too. Checked everything and everything checked out ok. after a little searching around i found out the 8mps had a common problem with the ground for the preouts going bad.

I wasnt totally happy with it anyway. It was a solid deck but i just couldnt get it to sound the way i wanted. It was like no matter what i did i could never get the vocals to come through. it would get better if i adjusted the highs up but then they got to harsh on other parts of the songs and the mids just made it way to muddy.

I searched and searched for the best h/u for my application, and narrowed it down to the eclipse cd5000 or kenwood x990. I heard the eclipse had some mp3 issues and also noticed it lacked some of the features that for its price i felt it should have, like the ability to adjust the front and rear speakers seperately. the kenwood was also slightly cheaper.

I paid $340 for it shipped of ebay. It was definately the best money i spent on a headunit! the sq of this thing is amazing, i had no idea how much i was missing. i can hear stuff now that i never new were in the songs i listen too. The adjustablility is truly amazing, 4 band parametric eq(you can independantly front and back), independant front and back hpf w/ adjustable slope, as well as lpf for sub also with slope. Sound managment system lets u tune the h/u to your cabin settings as well as speaker sizes. the srs wow effects truly are amazing too, particularly the focus feature which allows you to basicly raise the sound stage virtually. the screen is very vivid and the color is very sharp. the overall look of it is simple and clean. oh yeah it actually has RCA inputs on it already! cant forget the 110db signal to noise and the 24 bit burr-brown dac. the remote is also really nice and takes AA batteries not the dinky little flat ones(thank god!). Oh yeah it also has this really neat g meter that tells u your acceleration and cornering in g's which is pretty kool.

If your running a high-end stereo and looking for a good head unit with a clean sound and lots of features for under $500 this is definately one to check out!

My setup includes:
    Front Speakers- eDi 6000's
    Backs- Eu-700's
    Subs- 2 eD 13kv.2's(d2's)
    Sub Amp- eD nine.1 (900 rms @ 2 ohms @12.4v)
    4 Channel- eD nine.4 (fronts 65w rms @ 4ohms, backs 100 rms @ 2 ohms also @ 12.4v)
    Last edited by articacid; 06-25-2006, 02:52 PM.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X