How do you get the front speakers covers off ?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get the front speakers covers off ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get the front speakers covers off ??

I attempted to remove my speaker covers today to paint them to go along with other stuff i am doing. but i ran into a problem wen i tried to take the front covers off the rear ones just kinda pop out. how do i get the front ones off without breaking anything. its a 96 non monsoon system ?? thanks
    AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

i just used a knife to pry them off and they popped off at the top and i had to slide it up out of the tabs on the bottom.

Comment

tried that but it just pulled the dorr panelling out any other sugestions ??
      thanks though
      AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

Unfortuantely, you have to pull the WHOLE damn door panel off. On the 96's they were 1pc. and molded.

Here's some detailed instructions in this thread.
        http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...&f=12&t=000229

Good luck!
        <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

o thanks thats kinda wat i suspected nevermind thats too much trouble thanks for the help

Comment

Its not too hard, I just did it to replace my front speakers. The only problem is getting the stupid door locks off :( , You really gotta pull hard to pop them off. Other than that though, its just a few screws and the panel will come off.

If you do decide to do it, here is a better guide:
            http://home.swbell.net/shoebox/windowmotor.html

He's replaceing the window motor, but it shows you how to take the door apart with some good pics
            1996 Firebird Y87<br />Dark Green

Comment

hey, i know your pain. I just realized the same thing a couple weeks ago. I ended up just bending the plastic cover, but i got the job done...only to find out that i still have to take the whole panel off to get to the 6.5.
              Good luck :D
              231 (3.8L to those of you who don\'t like cubic inches) Silver Camaro<br />80 series flowmaster<br />k&n air filter<p>\"if it is good enough for the general, then it is good enough for me\"

Comment

It´s easy to get off the doorpanels...but it is not fum to take of the cover for the front spreaker :( You have to cut it off...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X