Looking for more "highs" from the Monsoon - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for more "highs" from the Monsoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for more "highs" from the Monsoon

I have an 02 Firebird with the Monsoon system. For my standards the system sounds great, but I think it lacks a little bit in producing highs. I have the treble maxed, but I can never seem to get a good clear sound. I have no trouble with the bass. For my tastes it is fine, but I want more "highs". DOes anyone else think the Monsoon lacks in producing clean, crisp sound? Also, does anypne think that just replacing the tweeters will help. I can't spend alot of money to redo the system and I like the Monsonn unit. I am just looking for am inexpensive way (< $200.00) to get a cleaner sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    2002 Pontiac Firebird<br />Sunset Orange<br />A-4,Y87,W68<br />Whisper Lid,SLP CAI,SLP STB<br />Holley Powershot<br />Y87 V6 Decal under right tailight<br />**********<br />1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350<br />A-3<br />2.41 rear....can you believe that?<br />Not as fast of the V6 simply becuase of that rear.

In it's stock form, it didn't produce very good highs. I replaced the front speakers with Soundstream's, which are a coax, and left the stock tweets in, of course the Monsoon H/U uses a 2 ohm system for the front drivers, so next I replaced the H/U. This solved the problem. About all you can do is try some seperate tweets mounted up higher, you can run them off the stock H/U, the tweets in the Monsoon system do not run from the amp. It would be better to replace the H/U and get some new front speakers. You may also make sure your tweets are producing sound, I have seen them come unplugged before, esp. if someone has had the door panels off and forgot to hook them back up.
    97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

I feel like the monsoon puts out alot of highs, and not enough bass. My Mom's WS6 has 10 speakers and her bass can't beat my 5 speaker Bose system. I can crank the 500watts of Monsoon up for some deafening highs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X