Bose -- Pioneer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bose -- Pioneer?

My dad bought me the Pioneer 9300 headunit for my camaro, but i have the Bose system. So, I took my car to a local audio shop and they told me i should keep all my bose speakers, buy some adapter (don't remeber the name). If i do that i would lose my sub in the trunk (but i could always replace it with an aftermarket one--i was thinking KickerComp VR) and install then the headunit. They said it would be a real pain in the A** to replace all the speakers, does anyone know if that is true? they said they would charge me $300 alone just to remove the Bose System! [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] Please respond as soon as possible because i wanna get my system done either this weekend or next! Oh, please recommend some subwoofers, speakers, etc...
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

check out this thread.... This should answer your question

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...&f=12&t=000388
    <b>Trucks</b> <br />\'05 Dodge 3500 Dually <i>Cummins Turbo Diesel</i><br />\'98 Dodge 2500 4x4 <i>360 V8 (Wife\'s)</i><br /><b>Toys</b><br />\'81 Chevy K10 <i>Stroker/Swampers/Custom Suspension/1-Tons/Beadlocks</i><br />\'99 Camaro Z28 <i>6 Spd, T-tops, Borla</i><br /><br /><b>Real trucks don\'t have spark plugs</b>

Comment

Well, not really! I wanted to know whether or not is really IS a pain in the but to replace the Bose system. and i wanted feedback on different types of system to put in my car... thanks though!!
      <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

I suppose it depends on what you call "pain in the butt." You have to have a Wire harness(for the year of your car) and a plastic dash kit to install the deck. If you buy the adapter, you don't have to wire around the factory amps. Otherwise, you need to run wires to each speaker. That's what I did, the bose system has crappy wiring anyway. I'd reccomend changing the speakers. Anyway, you have to remove the door panels to change the speakers, it's easy, takes like five minutes. Just be sure that all the clips are lifted out before you pull off the door panel, otherwise you'll snap off the clips. The back speakers are under the grilles in the back seat. Then get an amp and a sub, forget the bose sub, it's lousy. I'd reccomend Kicker and Rockford Fosgate. Given your dilema, I don't think you are willing to put a ton of cash into the stereo, so that's my reccomendation. If you go with the comp vr, you wont need a bunch of power. If you want a couple Solobarics, email me. I have a good deal on some of my spair's. Later.
        Teal 94 Camaro 3.4 Liter<br />Transgo stage 3 shiftkit, Shift module, corvette servo, SLP cold air induction,3.42 ring and pinion, Heavy Duty Posi LSD, Flowmaster exhaust, NX, blackouts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X