Factory head unit on the fritz???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory head unit on the fritz???

Howdy... okay, i've never had problems with my 97 HU. I have 2 alpine amps, sony 10 disc(fm mod) and mtx sub hooked up.

About a month ago, every once in a while, i'd hear what sounded like static when playing a cd. Just for a second, but it would cycle on and off.

Usually turning off the cd player, adn then back on would fix it. Last week, same thing... except turning it off didn't fix it. I tried a new disk, same thing, tried another and got 'err'. Couldnt' read the cd.

Now I can't get it to read any cd's. The radio works fine, but last night I noticed that playing a cd in my fm mod changer it cut out. So I switch to a new track, starts playing and then cuts out.

ARGHH! I can't listen to cd's. Does this sound like the HU is shot? The reason I dont' have an aftermarket is because I dont' want the car broken into. I live in a terrible city for that.

Any advice? SHould I go get a used one from the wreckers or ebay? I hear factory units are expensive to fix at the dealer.

Thanks..
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
    New Owner!
    by LETZRIDE
    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
    1 day ago
  • ssms5411
    Little work today
    by ssms5411
    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
    2 weeks ago
  • LETZRIDE
    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X