amp problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp problem

Hey Guys, I have a MTX 6500d amp and now one of the RCA connectors on the amp itself loosely holds the RCA cable. THe cable keeps falling out now. It's the only connector on the amp thats loose because when I plug the cable to another port its nice and snug. Is there anyway this can be fixed??

THanks
    RYan
    Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

take it back to where you bought it, or, send it back to the manufacturer.
    If you opent the case, you lose all warrany rights.
    -Steve

Comment

An easy thing to try would be to put a little "squeeze" on the end of the RCA Cable to help it stay in. I know this doesn't fix your amp, but it might work. I do this all the time with female style wire connectors.

Comment

What do you mean a little squeeze??
        Whisper Lid, SLP CAI, KN Filter, 3\" HiFlo Carsound Cat, full 3\" mandrel-bent piping, Flowmaster 80s, Casper O2 Sim, BM Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 3300 Torque Converter, Corvette Servo, 3.42 gears, SLP take-off LSD, Manual Fan Switch, & 160 Thermostat.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by moneyshotz:
          What do you mean a little squeeze??<hr></blockquote>

If you look at the end of your RCA cable you see the pin in the middle of course--right. There is also an outer ring or group of fingers that slips over the outside of your amp's input receptical. Just take a pair of pliers and put a little pressure on that ring part so it grabs better. I can't describe it better than that.

Comment

if you do not have warranty you could replace that piece and solder on a new one

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X