Draw on the Camaro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw on the Camaro

Going to start tomorrow on finding my draw on the Camaro, if I let it sit for a day or two it won’t start. Any tips on finding it. I was just going to pull fuses and check with voltmeter.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

I have the same issue - put a charger on or start Wed - otherwise won't make it from Sat to Sat for my weekly drive.
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
      I have the same issue - put a charger on or start Wed - otherwise won't make it from Sat to Sat for my weekly drive.
      Yeah I keep a battery tender on mine but if I don’t it dies within 2 days, I got your email , thanks pretty good info, I’ll see what I can find, hopefully I’ll find a fuse and be able to pull it or find where it’s hot all the time and rewire.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Didn’t find much, noticed the accessories fuse had volts on each side, 7 volts on one side and 13.7 on the other side, makes me think it’s drawing too much. I think I’ll have the mobile mechanic take a look. I’ll try and pull the fuse and see if it still drains within 2 days.

Comment

So found my radio is wired to the accessory fuse , I remember I had problems with the radio wires shorting about 10 years ago and rewiring to get it to work and that’s about when I had draining problems so I’ll look into that. That’s when I was doped up with OxyContin so memory isn’t too good. Did alot of things I don’t remember.

Comment

Going to wire in a relay for the remote turn on for my amps and the 4 3” fans I’m wiring in( making a cover for the amp rack and having the fans blow through. Should take a good load off the remote turn on since I’m wiring the relay off the battery.

Comment

Haven’t tested if the relay helps, started doing the amp cover with the fans. Got all the wood cut and the fans and vent parts. Also got the carpet so should finish by next weekend.

Comment

Got the wood cut, carpet , fans mounted and vents on just waiting on parts so I can finish. Here’s what it looks like so far.

Comment

What's it for Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    What's it for Steve.
                    It’s a cover for my amp rack in the rear. The amps and 30 farad cap light up and when driving hits off the rear hatch , can’t see a thing out the rear hatch especially at night. Put the fans in so everything will get air. Waiting on parts to finish it up.

Comment

Oh OK. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                        Oh OK. Very nice.
                        Here’s a mock up, still waiting on parts. But gives you a idea. Also need to wire them up.

Comment

Got the relay wire in and fans are working, waiting on the brackets to mount everything hopefully Thursday. Do some other stuff but once I’m done I’ll rewire the radio, see if that is the draw.

Comment

Got the brackets today hopefully finish tomorrow and I’ll post pics.

Comment

So I’m trying a remote battery disconnect on the negative terminal on my battery. Suppose to cut the battery off at 11.9 volts. So it will still start, so far I let it sit overnight and fired it up with no problems. I’m going to try 2 days and see what it does.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X