LED Headlights 98-02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Headlights 98-02

With technology ever changing, has anyone experimented with putting LED headlight bulbs into their 98-02 Camaro's?

I had to replace the bulbs the other day in my 2008 Chevy Colorado which uses the same 9006 / 9005 bulbs as my 2002 Camaro and I was pretty impressed with the light output they provided. The kicker is that they are also DOT legal.

This is a shot of the light output from my truck which I believe should be probably quite similar in the Camaro? These things were only like $50 for the pair too and were straight plug and play.

Camaro LED headlights

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

That’s pretty good Mike, look impressive, only bad thing I hear is they don’t last long. But I wouldn’t mind a set to try in my truck.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      That’s pretty good Mike, look impressive, only bad thing I hear is they don’t last long. But I wouldn’t mind a set to try in my truck.
      According to the parts store and everything I have read, LED's are the longest lasting bulbs you can get? I was reading the upgraded halogens are only guaranteed for about 200 hours.

When I pull my camaro back out in the warm weather I think I am going to pull the bulbs from my Colorado and pop them into my headlights on the camaro just to see the upgrade before I run out and buy another set.

I know on the truck they are night and day difference because it felt like I was driving with candle lights before these.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

My uncle has his Toyota Tocoma has gone through 3 sets in 2 years. I’ll have to ask him what brand. But he keeps on installing new ones because he loves the way they look and light up the road.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X