Rear tail light bulb part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear tail light bulb part numbers

So I found out my reverse lights weren't working and looked at some part#s in earlier threads posted, looks like they have changed when I searched. Anyone have any part numbers? I have one 194, 1141 reverse, (2) 2057 bulbs for each side, is that correct? Car is 1996 Camaro.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Picked up the bulbs at Oreilys, yes the part numbers are correct. Will install tomorrow.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So I installed the bulbs yesterday and all the bulbs were stuck in the housing. The bulbs would break off when I tried to turn them, had to use needle nose pliers to get the bottom of the bulb out, messed up a reverse and brake light socket. Ordered new sockets from Rockauto. One of the new bulbs when installing broke on me, pisses me off paid $6 for 2 bulbs at Oreilys and on Rockauto their .88 cents each.

Comment

Got the socket housings today with some A/C delco bulbs, way better bulbs and their only .88 cents each. The sylvania bulbs suck, most of them broke and they were new, so i took a pack back to Oreilys and got new ones, but im going with the A/C Delco bulbs. Found out why my reverse lights dont work with new bulbs, it the reverse switch on the shifter, ordered it and just waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Found out why my reverse lights dont work with new bulbs, it the reverse switch on the shifter, ordered it and just waiting.
          Are you referring to the reverse switch on the side of the trans?

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post

Are you referring to the reverse switch on the side of the trans?
            Yes but its on the shifter on autos, manuals have it on the side of the tranny. When I did the A4 swap I ran the 2 wires from the tranny to the shifter. I wish A4s had it on them, now I have to take my center console out to replace it.

Comment

Forgot you changed to an auto.

My B/U lights have not worked in years - changed switch twice and bulbs - and still would blow the fuse - so unplugged the switch - trying to find the ground is a pain.
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

That sucks , i had to rewire my radio to another source because it was blowing the fuse and draining the battery. Still haven't found the problem.

Comment

That sucks. So sorry to hear that Steve. Hope you get that remedy.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    That sucks. So sorry to hear that Steve. Hope you get that remedy.
                    Thanks, i hope so too.

Comment

Got the light bulbs in only had to replace 2 connectors one reverse one brake light, got the reverse switch, still no reverse lights. Im stumped, fuse is good, new bulbs, and new switch. Any ideas?
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 02-16-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

So figured it out, short from underneath, got them to work alittle bit, but had to mess with the 2 wires, so next time its up in the air ill run 2 new wires. Got my cigarette lighter working agian, new element and harness so at least i got something done.lol

Comment

I hate electrical, but what about just following the wires all the way back and checking them for more shorts? What if something else is being shorted as well that in turn causes more issues?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                            I hate electrical, but what about just following the wires all the way back and checking them for more shorts? What if something else is being shorted as well that in turn causes more issues?
                            I know its where it comes into the shifter area, it comes off the harness , just pulling on them got them to come on, if its not underneath the shifter then im screwed, because im not going to cut into the harness trying to find the short.lol Ill wait until i jack it up and take a look i bet its a pintched wire or something because messing with the wires theyll work. Im just glad they came on , gives me hope. I need to replace my wideband O2 so ill check it out when i do that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                              hey there strangers!
                              by 3.4 slow to go
                              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                              9 hours ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Had to get another phone
                              by ssms5411
                              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                              1 week ago
                            • ssms5411
                              Leaking front cover
                              by ssms5411
                              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                              2 weeks ago
                            • transamtom1
                              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                              by transamtom1
                              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X