ZZP coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZP coils

Anyone try zzp coils yet? Their suppose to have a hotter spark than stock, they've gotten good reviews so far. I think ill pick up a set when mine need replacing.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

I know the msd coils were terrible - I thought the best coils you could still buy were GM?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

These are new and got good reviews, priced about the same as gm, its worth it if your going to replace your coils I think, they say you can run a larger gap in spark plugs too. When I put the turbo on Ill pick up a set. I remember the MSD coils , they were crap but ZZP has been around along time. Its worth a try.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I'd definitely be interested to see how long they last - would be nice that something is finally better than the GM coils...

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
          I'd definitely be interested to see how long they last - would be nice that something is finally better than the GM coils...
          Yes, only 20 some years it took them to come out with something better.

Comment

But your going for turbo shouldn't you be going for a colder range.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
              But your going for turbo shouldn't you be going for a colder range.
              You still need the spark if their stronger the colder plug will just help against detonation. The coils have nothing to do with the colder plugs if the coils have a hotter spark you won't have to worry about spark blowout either.

Comment

I've actually had my eye on these for a couple months now. Mostly for the Bonneville SSEi I'm DDing right now, but they'd certainly work great for the Camaro as well. The majority of the reviewers say they noticed a difference, especially when coupled with upgraded plug wires.

Comment

It's too bad there isn't a way anyone has found to use a 4.3L v6 pcm and change the firing order for the 3.8 so that we could eliminate the waste spark setup and use truck coils... still interested in seeing the longevity of the zzp coils

Comment

I just bought some new coils about a year ago, but when i get the turbo on ill pick up a set, so another year and i should have them. That would be pretty cool to have 4.3 coils on the 3.8. Ill be the guinea pig .lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to get another phone
                      by ssms5411
                      Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                      1 week ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Leaking front cover
                      by ssms5411
                      So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • transamtom1
                      Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                      by transamtom1
                      Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X