Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket HU not fitting

Hello,
    im in the process of installing a Double din HU in my 98 Camaro, I got the aftermarket bezel to allow for double dins but I can't get the HU to go in deep enough. I removed the metal bracket in the middle but it seems to be getting caught up on a plastic box in the back right. I can get it to just squeeze enough to screw it in I can get the bezel to go on over it. Does anyone know what the plastic box is on the back right? I see if has wires going to it so I didn't want to mess with it, but that seems to be what's blocking the HU from sliding in all the way. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks

Not really any suggestions except for taking the HU back and find one that fits. I usually look them up on Crutchfeild and see if they fit.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods ,see Homepage. GT35R Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244123...vrolet-camaro/

Comment

Do you have photos of what you're looking at as well as the headunit? I'll look at the install pics from my 02 tomorrow
      sigpic

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro
      1996 3800 camaro- Gone - still the fastest N/A Canadian 3.8L F-body
      V6 best: 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

My Current Build | Synthetic Oil | Videos

Comment

I thought I had to Dremel some plastic when I did mine a long long time ago.

Comment

There is definitely dremelling and makeing your own brackets involved
          sigpic

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro

Comment

It's an old head unit I had from a different car, so can't return it lol. I did cut some pieces and modified the brackets on the HU but it's that plastic box piece in the back I'm not sure I wanna cut as it has wires going up into it. I guess I could just buy another HU that's not as deep. Thanks for the input

Comment

I don't think the answer is to buy a new headunit - I believe any of the double din ones will fit. post a picture of that box and you'll jog my memory...I remember having to unscrew something in the back as well. I just installed my double din maybe 3 years ago. I would open my dash up to take a look but I probably won't get around to it until next weekend or so. Post a pic and I'll be able to help you much better.
              sigpic

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro

Comment

Working...
              X