weird charging issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird charging issue

Hey everyone I have a 94 v6 3.4 camaro and as the title states I have some kinda charging issue or power problem...While the car is running the voltage just drops little by little and won't return. Yes this may sound like a charging issue and I have tried 2 alternators and I have different batteries.

I had a high powered alt (220amps) hooked up with 2 yellow top optimas for years then this issue started..my perfect voltage used to be 13.2 v. Now it drops to 9-10v and my car stalls out sometimes because the fuel pump doesn't get enough power. I then tried the stock alt back and still the same problem. I tried changing the battery in my truck and the one up front in different combos to see if it was a battery issue but still nothing..

I should mention I had my alt exciter wire relocated to my ignition power because the primary wire from the gage to the alt was shorted.. Also in my opinion I think it maybe the starter drawing all the power...so let's here some suggestions plz!

Re: weird charging issue

Is the 9-10 volts with a volt meter, or the gauge on the dash? Mine with a good battery and 200 amp alt. and caspers voltage booster stays around 12 volts. I woud check grounds and do the big 3 wire upgrade also.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Re: weird charging issue

I have a power probe and got the reading from that..I never listened to the gauge cluster..and I do have the big 3 already..When it was charging good the cluster always read 10v even though I had 13.2..so after all that I don't pay attention to the cluster

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X