Grinding headlight HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinding headlight HELP!

So a few weeks ago my headlight started to make this grinding sound every time I shut the headlights off and the lid closed. So I looked into the forums to find the problem and found out that I should switch the gear inside the headlight motor. I did that and it was all good for a few days. However, yesterday I went to shut my headlights off and same problem. The strange part is that it seems to have messed up my light in general. When I go to turn my parking lights on, my headlights flip up. When I lock or unlock my car the headlights flip up then go back down and grind again. It is only coming from my driver side headlight. Has this happened to anyone else or does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this really annoying problem? Thanks.

Re: Grinding headlight HELP!

Stripped gears will confuse the headlight electronics. Flipping them is only a temporary fix. Buy this:

http://rodney****man.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=151

And never have a problem again. Did both my headlights after one broke for peace of mind.

Comment

And apparently the forum censors the link :P

It's rodneyd.i.c.k.man, no periods.

Comment

Yes, once you fix the gear, the weird behavior of the locks and lights will stop.
        I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
        CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
        FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X