Starter issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter issue

I bought a Remy starter for my 3.4L and it sounds to me as though they are slight clearance issues between starter gear and flywheel teeth...

Have anyone ever experience this??

Re: Starter issue

idk about remy but i've had to shim most re-manufactured starters.

Comment

Ok how did you go about shimming the starter?? and thanks for the reply.......

Comment

parts stores will have shims. sometimes they come with the starters. if not. they'll be in the "help" section. they are thin metal shims that go in between the starter and the block. the starter bolts go through them. you'll have to pull the starter and add shims until it sounds normal.

Comment

Ok thanks very much

Comment

Both of my cars that required new starters had shims even on the OEM starter. Shimming is probably pretty common. And, wow, I could tell when I forgot to add the shim the first time.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X