Help with B1001 Code; Airbag Light after changing Instrument Panel Cluster - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with B1001 Code; Airbag Light after changing Instrument Panel Cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with B1001 Code; Airbag Light after changing Instrument Panel Cluster

I have a 2001 Camaro and I changed out the Instrument Panel Cluster. After this, I have an airbag light the whole time. The code it gives me is B1001. How can I go about taking care of this?

Re: Help with B1001 Code; Airbag Light after changing Instrument Panel Cluster

Being that your in Macedonia, you maybe screwed.

That code sets because the new cluster has not been programmed to match the VIN programmed into the ECM.

You need to find a GM dealer with a TECH2 scan tester. That device can do the reprogramming.

Note that with that code set the SIR will NOT function.

The code cannot be cleared until the IPC is synchronized with the PCM.

Comment

Yes, that did occur to me. Thank you for taking the time to reply. There is this place here in Skopje that has a Tech2 and then there is a Chevrolet dealer that once programmed the crankshaft position for my car after I converted from an A4 to M5. You think they can do it since they did that?

Comment

Also, does the cluster have to be physically on the car to be programmed or can it be sent to the US to be programmed?

Comment

The cluster, the car and the TECH2 all need to be in the same place.

The TECH2 has a function that can syncs the ECM and the IPC.

I would think if the dealer in Macedonia has used a T2 to do the crank learn, it should be able to synch your new cluster to your existing ECM.

Tell them that they need to select IPC Special Functions in the T2 to do that. Also, they need to read the Instrument Panel and Gages Section of the Factory Service Manual. Do you or they have a copy of that?
          Last edited by Hib Halverson; 11-08-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Which manual is that? I have 3 huge GM original books for the 2001 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom_WS6 View Post
              Which manual is that? I have 3 huge GM original books for the 2001 Camaro.
              Three books, green covers?
              That's the 01 Factory Service Manual.

Comment

Yes, I bought them a few years ago for around $150

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X