LED Blinker Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Blinker Problem

Im switching all my exterior lights to LEDs. I have front and rear LED marker lights and front turn signals. I had the buy the different flasher unit to get the front blinkers to work. I got my 194, 3157 brake lights and amber turn signals today. I got my brake lights and the 194s beside them to work on the back. When I plugged in turn signal LEDs neither side would work. It was a real faint amber color, but when I turn my 4-ways on, both worked perfectly fine. They were really bright. So they work with 4-way flashers but not on regular turn signal. Any tips or ideas on what to do?

Re: LED Blinker Problem

Would my LEDs I put in cause my cruise control not to work?

Comment

Yes. I have the same issue, the led bulbs have no resistance, and apparently the pcm/bcm checks this when engaging the cruise control. You jeed to install load resostors for it to function correctly.
      Daily: '02 Black Yukon Denali
      Toy: '06 Torrid Red GTO
      Gone: Powerdyned '02 Pewter Camaro
      Gone: '07 Charcoal Yamaha R6
      Gone: Ex-wife, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter02Camaro View Post
        Yes. I have the same issue, the led bulbs have no resistance, and apparently the pcm/bcm checks this when engaging the cruise control. You jeed to install load resostors for it to function correctly.
        Where would I mount them at?

Comment

So I would need (4) of RL-2525 since I have 4 of the red bulbs in back, (2) RL-650 for my turn signals correct? And these should take care of my problems?

RL-650
          6 Ohm, 50 Watt resistors can be connected across the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a regular filament bulb (2 Amp load). Leads are 12 inches long

RL-2525
          25 Ohm, 25 Watt resistors can be connected across marker lamps to simulate the load of a regular filament bulb. Leads are 12 inches long

Comment

Does it sound like I could use this flasher instead of buying the load resistors?
            CF12ANL-01: LED Bulb Flasher Unit

•Electronic LED Flashers have no minimum load-12VDC
            •Eliminates the need for load resistors, turn signals will flash at normal rate with or without LED bulbs
            •Click More Info to see Flasher Selection Guide
            •Price for each

Comment

You need load resistors. That's just an electronic flasher unit. It would make the signals flash at the correct rate, but you still wouldn't have cruise control. Though the way I remember it was that only the third tail light being burnt out (or having an LED, making the car think it's out) caused a loss of cruise. Any other lights didn't have an effect other than needing the electronic flasher. Splice the resistor in parallel to the wires leading to the socket.
              Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 04-10-2012, 09:01 PM.
              sigpic
              1996 Chevrolet Camaro
              1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
              --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Actually what was causing my cruise control not to work was the LED tail lights I had. To correct that problem I could either put resistors in or put the regular bulbs back it. Put the regular bulbs in and now it works.
                When I had the LED tails in I drove during the day so the tails would not come on autmatically. Put the cruise control on and it worked. Then switched it over to where I could turn the tail lights/marker lights on, cruise control went out. I tried this 4 or 5 times and it did it every time. So I put the regular bulbs in and called it good for now.
                That flasher unit should fix my blinkers.

I hope this post made sense. Lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  2 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X