OEM vs Aftermarket coil packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OEM vs Aftermarket coil packs

thanks, That'll certainly save me some cash. and stand wires will work just as well i assume. or are the spiral core the best?

Comment

Good questions. I have the MSD coils just not sure if I should put them on or take them back. I'm doing ZZp heads and Gt2 cam with a tune. Not sure if I need them or not. They are here collecting dust for now. Any thoughts?

Comment

I'm new to this computerized mod and tune stuff. It actually makes me miss my "small block, sit on the fender with my legs in the engine bay while wrenching" days.

Comment

I feel ya, Scottie- I've been hitting some of these guys up about how to recalibrate my speedo when I go from 3.08s to 3.73s, and they're all like "gotta get HPtuner, or call PCMforless, or Texas speed..." ugh I miss the days of changing the speedometer gear! Lol I do just fine with the hard parts, but the computer stuff kinda leaves me scratching my head hehe

Comment

OEM is better, huh?

I was going to ask about either the MSD or Accel Ignition coil packs, but it looks like I should just keep the money and just buy some wires instead. My 2002 Firebird is about to hit 90K miles and still have stock coils. However, I did upgrade to Taylor Wires. Have been happy with them (are about $10 less than MSD). Just that I give mine a tune up every 24K miles since purchased used back in 2007. Thanks.

:banana:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X