To those who's interior lights stay on!!! The Fix - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those who's interior lights stay on!!! The Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To those who's interior lights stay on!!! The Fix

A few weeks ago, on the first frosty night my car has seen in over a year, I stepped into my iced up Camaro. After my car was running the map light and rear Dome light refused to turn off the whole drive home. Needless to say this is VERY annoying. I tried what I could, but to no avail.

I sent it to my mechanic who tried to save the latches but it was all for naught. Both door's latches were frozen and would not go into full closed position, leaving the body control module to think the doors were open. Each latch cost $104, on top of that my mechanic had to send the car to the local Chevy dealer to reprogram the BCM to accept the new sensors.
    The dealership was the rip off, but they always are, they charged $125 for the reprogram. My mechanic who did the latch replacement charged $175 for his labor.

Labor: $307
    Parts: $212
    Total: $563 w/tax

My mechanic gives cash deals, so it will be $519.

I hope this helps anyone in this situation.

Re: To those who's interior lights stay on!!! The Fix

1st time i ever heard of programmable latches . always seen door jamb switch for the dome light .i would pull the bulbs before spending 500.00 to fix such a simple problem. thats crazy

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442
      You know there is a switch in the door jam that works the interior lights? About $5 each. And nothing should have needed to be reprogrammed.
      That is the way it was on my 3rd gen, just that little plunger switch. These cars the switch is integrated with the whole latch assembly, and they were getting hung up. And our cars do have Body control modules which is what sent out the code for the faulty latches. With the new assemblies they weren't reading with the BCM before the reprogram.

Comment

It is a 2002 camaro and it has power door locks, and remote keyless entry, which is the reason for the reprogram.
        By the way it is not the same as the 3rd gen, I literally went into my garage looked at both the 3rd and 4th gens sitting next to each other and they are different. There is a plunger switch on the 3rd gen, and no where is there a plunger switch on my 4th gen.

AS a plus, I use to slam my doors to close them, now it is a million times easier.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X