Ordered Conversion Lights for Firebird. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered Conversion Lights for Firebird.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ordered Conversion Lights for Firebird.

Originally posted by bigairboarder44 View Post
    I haven't had any problems with the housings melting yet, but they blind the **** out of people because there is no cap. I've been flashed a few times and then I turn the fogs off. If I could put a cap on it, I would. Anyone wanna show us how? :)
    Maybe a small disk about the size of a dime glued to the outside of the lens would be enough to stop the bare bulb glare. It will throw a shadow, but it might be worth trying and see what the result is.

If you want to get really fancy, make a hoop for the bulb and put a small disk on it. I'm thinking something along the lines of the wire hoop that lamp shades mount on. Get the stainless steel spring edge from an old set of wiper blades and bend the hoop, epoxy it to the base of the bulb and epoxy a small aluminum disk to it. A dime might work for experimenting. Just a thought.

Originally posted by skimphish View Post
    35watt wont melt anything. even the 55watt wont melt our housings. but 55 watt is just over kill.
    Good to know! I just got concerned when one HID retailer listed that the 55 watt in a small fog light sometimes causes heat damage. I might go with a 35 watt if the headlight HID's work well.

Comment

I have a thread on FTV6 about capping bulbs. Just take a small piece of tin foil and wrap it around the top of the bulb, put a very small dab of super glue to hold it together. And thats about it. Works like a champ. I guess I can put that write up over here too...

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
        Well within the factory wiring harness's capacity? These harnesses suck, a dual in/out wiring harness is a must for these cars. Stock wiring can not supply enough consistent power for HIDs. Some people say they have no problem, but most do. When I had my bird my HIDs would always flicker on start up (not on my camaro with DDMs witing harness), they would also take unusually long to warm up (about half the time now with the harness). Also i blew ballast once a week. I really reccomend something to help factory wiring.

DDMs wiring harness runs off the battery or as I did, just ran of the AUX power supply, and will make sure you consistently have enough power for your HIDs.
        My hi/low HID's did this also. BUT my slim ballast low only works much better and w/out a harness.

My cars a firebird though, not sure if theres much difference in the harness, power wise.
        -Jarred '70 Pontiac LeMans | '89 Firebird Formula 350

Comment

My HIDs dont flicker at all....my freinds cobalt HIDs dont flicker either? Oh well, just my 2 cents, goodluck.

Comment

Installed the LMC housings. They are better than stock. Good cutoff on the lows with nice focus. They are a real improvement, but I want better. So I ordered a HID kit with digital ballasts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X