Horns....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horns....

I noticed that the low tone horn was not working. Car sounds dumb with just the single high tone horn (very European). Anyway, GM really hid the horns well. If you ever need to get them out, they are behind the bumper on the passenger side. Access is through the bottom by removing the horizontal louvered plastic panel right in front of the passenger wheel and half of the air damn.

So I get the horn assembly out, and typical of these horns, if they are not used often, one or more will stick. By turning the adjusting screw all the way down, then all the way out, then back to the center, the horn starts working. A few blasts to get it loosened up, stop when the horn "motor" in the metal part starts to heat up. Let it cool, then do short blasts while turning the tuning screw to get the right tone and eliminate raspyness. Then a dab of silicone sealer on the adjusting screw to keep it sealed.

Reassemble and test. Took me about an hour for R&R, and about another hour for testing the horn, cool down period and re-tuning.

Now it sounds like it should.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X