Trans shuttering at low and high throttle - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trans shuttering at low and high throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans shuttering at low and high throttle

I'm having a problem with my car and I'm getting a lot of mixed opinions.

My 98 3.8 A4 will have an RMP jump up of a few hundred RMP's in any gear, at any speed, and only when i'm either light on the throttle or heavy on it. 2500-3900 RPMs it runs fine. Its almost like I'm hitting the rev limiter and its surging. I took it into the shop and they drove it around and came back saying it could be clogged injectors and they heard some knocking. They suggest I seafoam it for a couple tanks of gas and see if that fixed the problem. Ok, fine, done, but that does not feel like the problem to me.

In all the electrical and fuel problems I have had the RPM would surge as well but they drop not jump up and I could feel the lose of power. My RPMs are jumping up and it feels almost like like I'm missing a tooth in the rear dif. The engine feels like its loosing grip and grabbing again at maybe 5-6 times a second. If I'm driving at about 40 and my RPM's are just above 1.5k the car runs smooth but if I give it just a hair of gas I feel and hear a "KLUNK" sound. If this is the TC locking up it sure is doing it a lot hard then it use to.

Its all very random. Sometime I can punch the gas and I take off hard and only get the surge when I get around 5500. other times I punch it and get the surge right off the bat. Merging into traffic or crossing a busy street has become and game of chance.

Any ideas on what this could be? This was the first time I have taken my car into the shop. I do all my own work but I'm just at an end to my knowledge. I've changed out my plugs, wires, coils, trans fluid and filter, and I'm still on my first tank of seafoam.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X