Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed sensor ring bypass

Hey guys,

I swapped out my differential thinking the speed sensor ring was built into the old carrier, so I didn't pull it. Everything's installed, and I'm NOT pulling it back out.

It was hard enough to get everything right the first time.

Can anyone tell me where/how to splice the rear sensor into the front so that it doesn't show me an ABS INOP light?

I know the ABS wouldn't work correctly, but I'd like the lights to go off.

I could't have used the old ring on the new carrier anyway, so apparently I'm just gonna have to get used to not having ABS.
    That's okay though. I've almost never had it kick in in the last 10 years, and it really wasn't necessary when it did kick in.

Re: Speed sensor ring bypass

it would probably be easier to take the bulb out of the dash

i have no idea on what exactly oyu need to do, and i have a feeling you're not going to get very many replies

Comment

You're probably right.
      I might just live with it until I go to get my PCM tuned. They could delete the codes I guess.

Until then, I'm open to suggestions. I wonder if they'd even do something like that. Liability you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilted View Post
        I might just live with it until I go to get my PCM tuned. They could delete the codes I guess.
        Not going to happen. The ABS is not controlled by the PCM.

The front rings are half the size of the 3 channel rear ring, and the sensors read pulses to determine speed, so your not getting the light out that way either.

Did you change from a 2 series to a 3 series carrier? That is the only reason you would not be able to reuse your old ring. Limited slip and open carriers use the same ring. New they are about $27.
        sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X