• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how long can T/A tranny last?

did the warranty deal fall thru?

Comment

Well I am nervous about the warranty. Anything major - such as needing a new tranny - before 90 days they may investigate to see if it was a preexisting problem. So, do I wait 90 days then bring it in? They did give me an engine and tranny inspection form I can have a shop fill out since I just bought it and don't know its history and it just asks about leaks, fluid level, any noticeable defects but does not say anything about driving it. He said the form is a way to have a document that can assist me if there are any major claims before the 90 days. So I am not sure what to do. The woman that sold the car to me said she would write a letter stating that there were no known problems with the car when I bought it other than the alternator. She said it shifted fine before being parked in Jan when the alternator went.
      Last edited by robinpugs06; 07-20-2009, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robinpugs06 View Post
        So, do I wait 90 days then bring it in? .
        I'd hate to give you advice that would get you into any trouble, but 90 days is a long time to wait if its your main means of transportation.

Comment

Ya I just don't have 2k plus right now

Comment

I can still drive it, it is just annoying especially when cold and it takes forever to shift from 1st to 3rd. How long can I drive it like this? Who knows?!?!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X