Whine after racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whine after racing

royal purple is fine for a torsen not auburn RP is too slick for the clutches in the auburn
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Thats why Torsens are the best.LOL Make sue their are no Trans X empty bottles around might of put one in by mistake.LOL J/K It does never get old, its like the Richard Gear and the gerbel story but for cars, Sorry TKO4 I'm sure your safe from any STD's.LOL
      Last edited by ssms5411; 07-09-2009, 02:12 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The auburn diff Im running does not have clutches or plates in it, but it uses cones. Dont ask me how it works; it just does.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
          The auburn diff Im running does not have clutches or plates in it, but it uses cones. Dont ask me how it works; it just does.
          Magic..............
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I installed the TA Performance rear end cap, and replaced the RP with Castrol Gear oil (non -synthetic) and added a bottle of GM additive.

The whine is still there but not as loud. I also noticed it starts in at 50 MPH. Are the carrier bearings something I can do, or is special knowledge required (like when rebuilding the rear with shims and stuff)?

Is the pinion nut something I should be checking? Other threads suggest a professional do that.

Thanks.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

This thread suggest checking driveshaft movement to determine if the pinion nut is backing off. I just check and the driveshaft moves a tiny, tiny bit. Is this indicative of a pinion nut or something else?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X