Gears and Posi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears and Posi

My friend has a 94 V6 camaro and wants to gat a set of 3.23 gears and a posi for it and my cousin has a 98 v6 camaro and just swapped the entire rear end out of it and i think he is selling the old rear end that has a set of 3.23's and a posi. My question is, would those gears and posi from the 98 fit and work in the 94? Im not sure on the specs of the 94 like how many teeth on the axles and all so im not quite sure. Could anybody enlighten me? Thanks. :wavey:

Re: Gears and Posi

Originally posted by 2000camarokid View Post
    My question is, would those gears and posi from the 98 fit and work in the 94?
    is the 94 an auto or manual

Comment

The whole rear won't fit since the brake lines are different, Because us 93-96 guys can't swap to the bigger rears brakes the 98+ can just the fronts and thats changing out spindles. I know 93-96 have different size axles than 98+. If someone has more info that would be great, but I haven't seen or heard of a 93-96 with 98+ bigger rear brakes ,just the front.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

The 94 is a manual. And he doesnt want the entire rear end. He just wants to install the gears and posi into his rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          The whole rear won't fit since the brake lines are different, Because us 93-96 guys can't swap to the bigger rears brakes the 98+ can just the fronts and thats changing out spindles. I know 93-96 have different size axles than 98+. If someone has more info that would be great, but I haven't seen or heard of a 93-96 with 98+ bigger rear brakes ,just the front.
          not what the OP is asking
          My question is, would those gears and posi from the 98 fit and work in the 94?
          The 94 is a manual.
          then yes, it'll fit

Comment

The 94 is a manual. And he doesnt want the entire rear end. He just wants to install the gears and posi into his rear end.
            ^ Thanks for pointing it out, since he already answered it. DUH. Nice waste of typing. Also it wouldn't matter if A4 or M5 if he is using the same gear ratio. Just to let you know, since you asked that question.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 06-06-2009, 09:19 AM.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

2000camarokid, you could also do a stud kit and T/A cover on the rear to beef it up too. Also looks great.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                6 hours ago
              • ssms5411
                Had to get another phone
                by ssms5411
                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                1 week ago
              • ssms5411
                Leaking front cover
                by ssms5411
                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                2 weeks ago
              • transamtom1
                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                by transamtom1
                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X