piolot bearing out what should i do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piolot bearing out what should i do

i believe my piolot bushing went out so i will be drping my trans tonight i put in a cheap e-bay clutch 4 months ago and im guessing it was a junk new one that was sent wiht it it needs to be up and running before next thursday what should i do get a new bushing or get a complet clutch kit? im going to have a cam and possibly n20 by the end of summer but i might just get a new beter clutch later but what should i get for a clutch and where should i get it for the best price

and also what do you guys put in your t-5 for fluid?

i had another thread with a 3rd grear problem but this is different and im wondering if mabey this is kinda making my 3rd gear worse

Re: piolot bearing out what should i do

t5's take automatic trans fluid.. dexron III

what makes you think your pilot is bad?

a bad pilot bearing ill usually trash your input shaft and it will literally lock up, so you wont be able to get it in gear at all

Comment

yea i used the mobile dexron before i dident know if there was a great fluid to use.

when the clutch is down its quiet but when you start going into gear it whines/ growels and when the clutch is up its quiet so its something when the clutch is depressed and trying to stop the input shaft

Comment

I put blue loctite around the outside edge of the bushing before hammering it into the crank to help it stay put. I dont know if they make an oversized pilot bushing. I would at least replace the slave cylinder while I was in there.

Comment

ill price a slave cylinder but im proly gunna be to cheap lol i got the trans droped in an hour n a half so its not to big of a deal for me to do it again

and its crazy it dident spin in the crank idk what hapened something made it crack there is a big crack in it so i have no idea ill get a picture of it tonight

Comment

any ideas why this would hapen with only a few thousand miles on it?

Comment

did you put grease on the pilot before installing it?

some pilot bearings are made to get oil from the engine.. im not really sure how, but if you grease it, it will not get proper oil and can break

Comment

it does not get any oil from the engine and it did have some grease on it because i removed the old one using a hammer, grease and a bolt

Comment

the directions that came with my pilot bearing told me not to put any grease on it because it is oiled from the engine, it says that if you put grease on it, it will not get proper oil and will seize up

it said to only put motor oil on it where the input shaft from the transmission goes

Comment

yea thats what im doing now but it does not get oil from the motor

Comment

Originally posted by tomham View Post
                      yea thats what im doing now but it does not get oil from the motor
                      i wondered the same thing, but i just followed the directions

my only guess is that when the trans was put back in the car, it wasnt put in straight and somehow gouged the bearing making it to fail

Comment

I am wondering how tight that bushing was fitting on the input shaft once everything got nice and hot.

Comment

i have no idea the crack really surprized me but ill throw the new one and a belease bearing and slave cylinder in today

Comment

Does it squeek at idle, then stop when you push the clutch in??? Mine has been doing that for a few monthes now after putting the clutch in in december.
                            1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                            L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
                              Does it squeek at idle, then stop when you push the clutch in??? Mine has been doing that for a few monthes now after putting the clutch in in december.
                              that sounds like the TO bearing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X