clutch issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: clutch issues

oh sh!t lol I didnt read the thread good enough I guess, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about the bellhousing ! LOL.

*Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98 View Post
      oh sh!t lol I didnt read the thread good enough I guess, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about the bellhousing ! LOL.

yeah lol i reused every bolt other than the flywheel ones

it would be pretty damn hard to snap one of those bellhousing bolts as they are huge

doesnt take much to snap a flywheel bolt

Comment

Update: I havn't pulled the tranny out yet, I figure ill drive it till it breaks. But now it makes a horrendous scratching noise when I push the clutch pedal in, and still squeeks with it out. Anyone know an aproximate price of a throwout and pilot berrings??? I was thinking of using the stock pilot bushing because it is 1 piece, and has no needle berrings in it. Would this be adviseable???
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

pilot $4 throwout $50-60

Comment

and yest use the 1 piece bronse bushing soak it in oil before you install it

Comment

Update # 2: it just went out. Luckily I was close to home when it happened. I pushed the pedal in and it ground and It wouldn't shift anymore. So I killed the car, put it in first, started it and the car lurched forward with the pedal still in. I found my stock throwout berring, I think it will still work but I couldn't find the pilot bushing which really grinds my gears but whatever. I'm gonna try to rig it up to work tonight, because I don't have the $ for the new stuff yet. So I'm assuming (hoping for the best), all ill need is some tranny fluid and ill be able to have er running.
              Last edited by espey_16; 06-10-2009, 06:52 PM.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro
              L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

i still think it is just the TO bearing/slave

but you might as well replace the pilot while you're down there

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                  i still think it is just the TO bearing/slave

but you might as well replace the pilot while you're down there
                  How hard would it to be to replace everything from the slave cylinder to the tranny??? Its just a container on the master cylinder and a hose to the tranny right??
                  1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Is it ok to re-use the tranny fluid that I drained out of my car??? It dosnt look bad and its only been in there since december.
                    1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Ok, I know I'm an idiot, but for the life of me I can't remember how to get that darn TO berring off the input shaft. You just push it in and twist it till the spring pushes it off right??? I'm so frustrated with it right now, I'm about to take a prybar and chizle it off.
                      1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Well i am still running my original to bearing cause i was too lazy to replace it even though ive dropped the tranny twice since then lol, i had to put a new tranny in cause i bent the shift fork in mine from power shifting :) over acheiver. Well the new tranny's input shaft still had the old bearing on it and i knocked it off with a hammer and a pry bar cause thats how i roll and haven't had any problems and mine drives a lot of miles. btw i re-used my flywheel bolts also.
                        99' firebird 3.8
                        pacesetter headers, single chamber flow, no cat, spec flywheel, spec 2+ clutch, 02 ss rear end.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
                          Ok, I know I'm an idiot, but for the life of me I can't remember how to get that darn TO berring off the input shaft. You just push it in and twist it till the spring pushes it off right??? I'm so frustrated with it right now, I'm about to take a prybar and chizle it off.
                          just replace the slave unless it is new

whenever you are doing something with the clutch it is very wise to replace everything and be done with it instead of having to take it back out again 5000 miles later

i dont know how to remove the TO bearing, but i will look at my old one and figure it out

Comment

I got the TO berring off yesterday, you have to push it in and twist it and it will pop off, but I pushed it past the release point so I had to ease up a little but it came right off. Now I have to put everything back together and ill be done.
                            1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

so apparently my shifter is bent, pretty sure it was bent before. will it still work, temperarilly???
                              1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                8 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X