i really pwned myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i really pwned myself

See the holes with white in them? Those are bolts with the heads broken off. Yeah. I did that on 4 out of 8 flex plate bolts. A couple of hours, drill bits, and bolt extractors later there's only 1 left. Have to wait to tomorrow to buy another bolt extractor kit because all mine are either broken or too mushroomed at the end to be of any use.

Oh well, nevertheless I'm enjoying this project, I'm learning some awesome experience :naughty:
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Re: i really pwned myself

where you putting them in or taking them out? I broke one of mine off installing the aluminum flywheel... but was very lucky cause the way the head broke I was able to turn the rest of the bolt out with the broken head...:banana:

Comment

I did it taking the flex plate off, but after I get that last bolt out I'm putting in the flywheel. I don't see how I could do it with brand new bolts, but I'll still be cautious, haha.
      1999 v6 Camaro M5
      Automatic to Manual converted
      Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
      !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

u got pwned ftl

Comment

Dang that sucks, broken bolts are the worst!
          *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X