removing transmission - bellhousing bolts - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing transmission - bellhousing bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: removing transmission - bellhousing bolts

Yeah those top bell housing bolts are rediculous...
    i had to put one hand on each side of the tranny to get the bolts in, then use a super long swivel extension and alot of headaches.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

The Torque Converter bolts are going to be thread-locked in place, you'll need a way to hold the flexplate in place while you're trying to get them off. OOOOrrr an air wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathogen
        The Torque Converter bolts are going to be thread-locked in place, you'll need a way to hold the flexplate in place while you're trying to get them off. OOOOrrr an air wrench.
        yeah a pair of vice grips on the flexplate worked surprisingly well.
        1999 v6 Camaro M5
        Automatic to Manual converted
        Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
        !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X