4 cyl. S10 Torque converter in the camaro?? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 cyl. S10 Torque converter in the camaro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 cyl. S10 Torque converter in the camaro??

i am planning a big drivetrain build up this winter and im looking for a torque converter. i have been reading up on them, and a guy over at fullthrottle said he put a stock torque converter from a 4cy S10 in his v6 camaro. Basically he says its just like a 2800-3000 stall converter but they only cost $140. he says he likes it and can brake stall it to 3200. Has anyone on here tried this? It doesnt sound like a bad idea, the s10 and the camaro have the same tranny, and $140 sure is alot cheaper than $500. The car is going to be driven daily in the summer so i dont want a crazy TC thats going to tear up the tranny, and like everyone else im trying to save money as much as possible. Any advice on this swap would be great.

Re: 4 cyl. S10 Torque converter in the camaro??

never heard of that.

personally i wouldnt do it. but to each their own.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
      Had to get another phone
      by ssms5411
      Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
      1 week ago
    • ssms5411
      Leaking front cover
      by ssms5411
      So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
      2 weeks ago
    • transamtom1
      Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
      by transamtom1
      Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X