Trans/Torque Converter Problem, help - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trans/Torque Converter Problem, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans/Torque Converter Problem, help

For the past month or 2, if I drive around for 20 minutes or so my car will start to lurch forward extremely hard from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd, almost like it jumps forward violently. (I have an A4). I was told by someone that my Converter is shot, but I was also wondering if theres anything else it could be since replacing the stock verter is expensive. So does this sound like the verter or something with the trans? When I have my windows down and shift from park to Drive I can hear it lock in pretty loudly if that has to do with anything.. please let me know what you guys think is wrong and if you have had this problem before what it exactly was and the cost of repair. Thanks!

Re: Trans/Torque Converter Problem, help

I need more clues : :rolleyes:
    Is your trans fluid gage ok ?
    Does the fluid smell ratten fish ?
    What color is it ? Dark or red/pink ?

Comment

Re: Trans/Torque Converter Problem, help

its like a dark red pink when i checked it earlier. The transfluid gauge on my dash is not accurate since I took that out to put a faceplate on and it was mis-aligned.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to get another phone
        by ssms5411
        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
        1 week ago
      • ssms5411
        Leaking front cover
        by ssms5411
        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
        2 weeks ago
      • transamtom1
        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
        by transamtom1
        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X