a4 to m5 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: a4 to m5 conversion

Guys, this guide is great and thanks to Meaty for it, but there is one thing missing.

The Clutch Anticipate Switch. Without it, you get a code P0704, which is a passive code (No Check Engine) and the Cruise Control is not working.

The switch is on the top side of the clutch pedal and it gets adjusted by screwing it in.

The part number for the switch is GM Part Number 10180569

You also need GM Part Number 10194431, which is a retainer that sits in the pedal and the switch is screwed onto it.

Now, I do not have the connector for it and I do not have a part number for it.

Here is what it looks like.

Comment

Ok, I connected the Clutch Anticipate Switch, now Cruise Control works and shifting is much smoother and I would just like to add on here as a reference for everyone..

As you see switch up on the picture from top to bottom...
      The first pin goes to ground (Black/White wire)
      The second pin goes to PCM Connector C2 (CLEAR color) PIN #18 CPP Switch
      The third pin is a fused ignition output (Pink wire)
      The fourth pin goes to the Brake Cruise Control Release switch at top of brake pedal (Brown/White wire)

The first pin just connect it to any ground wire.

The way I did it is, I moved the PCM Connector C2 (CLEAR) Pin #17 to Pin #18's place, it is a RED wire and it is used only for an auto transmission. So just move it to position 18 and then run a new wire from it through the passenger side firewall, come out by the passenger side kick panel and then run it across to the clutch pedal

The third pin you just cut the PINK wire on the Brake Cruise Control Release Switch, which is at the top of the Brake pedal and connect the harness side to this pin. Then you connect the Release Switch side to the fourth pin. And that's it. Then just reset your DTCs if you had a DTC P0704.

Hope this helps people, I went through a lot of trouble and research to get this through.

Comment

^Nice work! I'll have to do that on mine as I believe that's what I need done.

My cruise was acting finicky before the swap and I thought I'd just killed it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          9 hours ago
        • ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X