Billet 6061 1/2" transmission spacers. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billet 6061 1/2" transmission spacers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Billet 6061 1/2" transmission spacers.

I came upon this thread, what years does this fit? It is for the ES Tranny mount. For others just coming upon this thread. Who would this help

Comment

I'm in.
      Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
      New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

Was made to match the mounting hole in the 5 speed tranny. Will work for any mount on that transmission that needs a spacer. If somebody gets to me to tell me if the A4 has the same spaced holes or what I can do something with that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Taheen View Post
          Was made to match the mounting hole in the 5 speed tranny. Will work for any mount on that transmission that needs a spacer. If somebody gets to me to tell me if the A4 has the same spaced holes or what I can do something with that too.
          If the weather clears up here I'll be changing out my t. mount so I'll check the measurements for you. What length/thread size etc. bolts does this require? My dad is a tool and die maker so he could probably make the spacer for me for free. Anyways, like I said, if I can get to it before I head back to school (sunday, im on spring break now), i'll get the dimensions to you.

EDIT: When I look up the transmission mount, I'm not finding a different one for the automatic or manual, so I'd assume that the gap would be identicle?
          Last edited by lookout4theyeti; 03-06-2008, 03:13 AM.
          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Thanks Taheen for that diagram. It came in super handy and made installing my Prothane transmission mount a breeze! Thanks again!
            <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~smpuskas/\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~smpuskas/</a><br /><br />3A C-Fiber Pedals<br />Free Ram Air Mod + K&N<br />RK Sport Air Temp. Module<br />Flowmaster American Thunder 2.5\' Cat-Back<br />Chrome/Red Shifter<br />White Rally Stripes<br /><br />Audiobahn 12\' AE1200 Sub<br />Bazooka EL 1500 Class D Amp

Comment

Re: Billet 6061 1/2&quot; transmission spacers.

what size bolts did you use? i just made my own spacer with the picture you included (nice work btw) i just need to figure out what size bolts to use now :excited:

Comment

I think I posted the bolts before when I did mine with rubber bushings about 3 years ago, still holding up fine, with the M5 I had in it and the A4 I put in it.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

took the design you posted..worked perfectly..thanks!!!!!

:bowdown:

Comment

Awesome! Glad to hear it is being put to use. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X