*Drivetrain section FAQ: Read Me "updated 7-03" - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Drivetrain section FAQ: Read Me "updated 7-03"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Drivetrain section FAQ: Read Me "updated 7-03"

Drivetrain FAQ

1. 2 series carrier works with 3.08 gears. 3 series carrier works with 3.23, 3.42, 3.73, and 4.10 gears. Carrier is another name for posi and differential and LSD. Torsen, Auburn, and open rear are examples of carriers. Torsen and Auburn are 3 series carriers and open can be either 2 or 3. Limited slip additive is for Auburn only as it has clutches.

2. To find out what gears you have look in your glove box and compare with the codes in the technical database.

3. Your rpms will increase like so. Current/Future 3.08/3.42 so you'll have 10% higher RPM, top speed limiter will decrease by 10%, and your actual speed will be 10% lower then what the speedometer shows(if you don't get any programming or buy a 3.42 PCM).

4. All 10 bolt rear ends are almost identical. If it's a 97+ then the hub size will be slightly smaller. 97+ wheels will fit 93-96 rear ends if you slightly sand down the hubs.

I have seen the TCS in person, but didn't have a chance to take it apart, so I can't say for sure you can swap it from one rear to another. There are two sensors instead of one like ABS. Sensors are located at both rear wheels. I know that ABS can be swapped from one to the other. ABS consists of the reluctor wheel that goes onto the differential and a sensor that mounts on top of the housing.

5. 1LE driveshaft weighs about 10lbs, 2 piece is about 20lbs. It will fit 93-02 A4/M5/M6 cars. LS1 DS will fit without problems. I have checked and the closest thing to the DS is the torque arm and that is over an inch away. Both the torque arm and the DS don't move sideways so there is no problem.

6. Jet SCU2000 and SLP speedo calibrator do NOT fix shift points. They only fix the speedo. IMO they are a waste of money. Either buy a used PCM with 3.42 gears in it or wait for PCM programing to become available for your particular year.

7. T5 Gear ratios are 3.75, 2.19, 1.41, 1.00, 0.72. A4 Gear ratios are 3.06, 1.62, 1.00, 0.70
    Last edited by zlexiss; 03-26-2007, 04:49 PM.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X