one piece Al driveshaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one piece Al driveshaft?

Using a lighter/stronger driveshaft seems like a good idea. From what I heard from others, it causes a little bit of wheel hop and you'd need control arms and other suspension mods to handle the driveshaft. Would it really be worth it to change just the driveshaft or do a lot of other components need to be changed to handle the difference?
    AIM: ChevyGuy1022<br />Email:ChevyGuy1022@swfla.rr.com<p>\'91 Camaro RS<br />K&N Filtered CCAI<br />Bosch Plat 4+ plugs

i have never heard of it giving that much more power to your car that other mods would be needed. i have never heard of it giving that much more power to your car at all. i thought it was a weight thing and that 1 piece is a little more efficient than 2.
    6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Check the technical Archive. This has been covered and is posted in there.

Comment

If you have a two piece go for it. If you have a regular driveshaft then spend the money on something else. The only other reason to change the regular 1 piece is if it's making noise or you're really trying to get the quickest times possible. But if you do have a 1 piece and you get a lighter aluminum you probably won't notice the difference unless you have a power adder then you might see a little difference on the track.
        1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X