Adding oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding oil cooler

Going to go ahead and add a oil cooler figure it couldn’t hurt since the turbo would run through it, comes with a fan too. It’s a universal cooler I post pics when I’m done. Just ordered it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Here’s the kit I got. Ordered 10an to 4an adapters and will get 5ft. lines.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144540119866

08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

You really should ask if you need a part

I've got 2 G-plus oil coolers and an oil filter adapter for the 3.8 which I don't intend to use - going the GM police oil cooler route.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
        You really should ask if you need a part

I've got 2 G-plus oil coolers and an oil filter adapter for the 3.8 which I don't intend to use - going the GM police oil cooler route.
        I wish you would posted them in the for sale section.lol I have a B&M 24000 btu tranny cooler that I don’t use but didn’t know if it could of been used for oil cooling. Oh well , on the kit I bought it says it can reduce oil temperature by 50 degrees. I hope it does. Got mixed reviews online every where I searched. What’s your opinion Robert? What does the GM oil cooler look like?

Comment

Asked one of the mechanics I know who has several turbo cars and trucks said it wouldn’t hurt to use a oil cooler. Makes me feel better.lol

Comment

Got the oil cooler and fittings looks good, will try and install it this week.

Comment

So looked at my radiator to install the oil cooler, forgot how big the tranny cooler was, it’s like 12”x24”s, no room on the radiator. So will see if I can mount it underneath some where.

Comment

Found a spot for the oil cooler but have to hold off on the install, hoping to get knee surgery this next month. Then have to wait 4 months to do physical therapy and recover from it. Eventually I’ll get it on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X