VSS Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSS Change

A few years back I made the A4-M5 conversion on my 94 V6 but did not realize that the 93 transmission I purchased uses a different VSS entirely than the 94 line. Is there a way to convert a 93 gear driven to the 94 Hall effect sensor?

Scratch that, turns out the change in VSS came in 1996. I now have to figure out how to reprogram the ecm to play nice with the "new" VSS readout.
    Last edited by A fireman; 12-04-2017, 12:09 AM.

When I did my 1996 from M5 to A4 , I think the vss was the same for manual or auto but yours being older i dont know.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

yea it looks like up to 1995 they used a gear driven VR sensor then changed over to an inline Hall sensor that matches the Auto pickup in 1996

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X