1LE Transmission Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1LE Transmission Mount

OK, We know this part # to be 2214623 right?
    Well I went to a local Chevy dealer and asked if
    they had one. The guy says yeah. Well he gave me
    a stock mount. I took it back and told them I
    wanted the above mentioned part #. So the guy runs
    a check on this # and told me that GM changed the
    # to 22201140. I said OK and took that. When I tried to install this part there was about a 3/8
    inch gap between the mount and the brace. I dont think thats right, so I took it back and got a refund. Now, has anyone else heard of this # change? Where can I order it? GM Parts Direct
    doesn't find either #. Oh I was told that GM
    redesigned this mount due to a high failure rate.
    Heard anything about that [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] ? Thanks

well the standard 1LE mount is auctually shorter, the gap is 1/2 of an inch, I took 2 pieces of steel 1/4 inch think and used them as spacers. As far as failure I can see the stock mounts having a high failure but not the lLE the design must make smore sense.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

I'm sorry. I was refering to the 1LE mount. When you say shorter, is that between the transmission and the brace? Also is the 1LE a rectangular shape
      mount with a gap between the rubber and the steel bracket that mounts to the transmission?

Comment

What year & tranny is your car? I had no problem with the 1LE mount.

[ March 24, 2005, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: South Tampa V6 ]
        01 Camaro A4 Convertible

Comment

yes the 1LE mount is the rectangular.
          when you say between the rubber and the steel bracket what bracket are you referring to? Are you talking about that counterweight thing that goes between the tranny mount and the catalytic converter? I took that whole thing off a long long time ago so I don't really remember how it hooks up.

Let me run throught this install quick and dirty.
          remove nut on stud coming off tranny mount to crossmember. Raise transmission with floor jack a few inches, remove 2 bolts from transmission to mount. remove additional counterweight stuff if you still have it.
          Using a dremmel or drill open up the hole in the cross member a bit so the new bolt slides through.
          bolt mount to transmission reusing 2 bolts removed with old mount. Lower transmission. Install nut on stud and tighten it down.

NOTE:1
          ***now at this point without any kind of spacers and a manual trans the tranny will sit 1/2 inch lower than stock mount. I added 3"x4"x1/4" spacers to build the trans back up to the original height. I put these between the crossmember and the mount. I drove the car for proably over 2 years without these spacers, when I put them in I noticed it quieted the driveline and the car was smoother under acceleration***

NOTE:2 I only have experience with manual transmissions but I'm pretty sure this is the same for automatics just not as noticable as they don't have a shifter that is coming up through the floor and bolted to the transmission.
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

YOu don't need to modify anything for a 1LE mount, it does sit lower though, thats it, you can bolt it up and be fine, just have it a little lower.

Try reversing it. Mine fit fine on my 94 and my 2000, when I did both, on my 94, I bolted it on wrong to the transmission and it didn't fit, switched it around and fit fine.

Only time I ever had to modify my crossmember is when I went to poly.
            -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Super! Sorry I forgot the specs. Its a 2K with an
              M-5 transmission. Thanks Much for all the advice.
              Pat

Comment

Should definitley work, I put in a 1le in my 2000 5-speed worked fine till I broke it then put in a poly one.

any chance you can take a pic of your mount?
                -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Shenanigans, I already returned it. Which isn't all bad, cuz I found that they really over charged me for the part anyway. So now I'm looking where I can order one on-line for a reasonable price.
                  Pat

Comment

gmpartsdirect.com

Its been going up in price, I think I paid $8 more dollars for the 2nd one I bought over the first one, ~year differnce in buying them.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Re: 1LE Transmission Mount

so what is the part number for this mount?
                        is it 22201140 as mentioned in the first post?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                          so what is the part number for this mount?
                          is it 22201140 as mentioned in the first post?
                          Should be, but you'll have to check with a GM dealer.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i have a question about the 1le mount what does the 1le mount help with and why is it a good up grade and pros and cons againd poly? i looked and could not find anything on the subject. sorry for bringing up an old thred.

Comment

Originally posted by madforce10 View Post
                              i have a question about the 1le mount what does the 1le mount help with and why is it a good up grade and pros and cons againd poly? i looked and could not find anything on the subject. sorry for bringing up an old thred.
                              the stock m5 trans mount is a "hydraulic" piece that is made so the car is smoother. they are basically a piece of crap and will break (i ent through 3 of them in less than 50,000 miles)

the 1le mount is what people use to replace the stock piece.

me personally, i used an energy suspension trans mount made for a normal chevy th350, it is poly, so it is a bit rougher (i can feel the trans/vibrations more) the vibrations were pretty bad the first ~500 miles, but after that it wasnt really noticeable anymore.

there is a write-up on how to install them on this forum, i notched the trans cross member and used 4 old end links as spacers/dampners since the mount is a lot thinner. i also made a mounting plate for the spacers like in the writeup since my mount didnt have one

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X