9.75" axle swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.75" axle swap

Yes, a Ford axle, from an Expedition. 34-spline, 3.08:1 for me, 5-lug can be re-drilled to the GM lug circle. But I'm ditching the torque arm for a shorter third link on the top right.
    Not leaf-sprung like F150HD, so the bracketry may be useful. I do know that once I press the lug studs out, the outer pilot will have to be lathed down to fit inside 'vette wheels, I'm probably going 17x11. Early versions use smaller outer ( wheel-end ) bearings, which is a good thing for this swap. Having tried to home-drill Explorer axleshafts, I'm guessing these can't be done at home either. But I can get the whole thing for around $150, with the strength of a Strange S60 and the 3.08:1 gears of a Strange 12-bolt, so why not?
    I don't have a rans yet for my 4.8L LSx swap, so a 4L80E means I can turbo with this strong of an axle.
    Last edited by cosmick; 02-13-2016, 08:24 AM.

Re: 9.75" axle swap

LETZRIDE used a 8.8 rear I believe so you might want to pm him and he can answer your questions. I think he swapped it over to his LS1 from his v6 camaro so he still has it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      LETZRIDE used a 8.8 rear I believe so you might want to pm him and he can answer your questions. I think he swapped it over to his LS1 from his v6 camaro so he still has it.
      Mike had Cam weld a TQ arm provision on it.

Comment

Already been down that path, got an 8.8 from an '01 Mustang GT, fabricated a torque arm mount. Also did a Dana 60, that was easier to torque-arm. But Semi-float D60s are rare and not 35-spline, and only go down to 3.54:1, plus they're heavier than the F9.75. D61s can go 3.07:1, but they were never semi-float.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          7 hours ago
        • ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Leaking front cover
          by ssms5411
          So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
          2 weeks ago
        • transamtom1
          Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
          by transamtom1
          Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X