Leaking Clutch Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Clutch Fluid

I'm loosing about half a reservoir of clutch fluid every 3-5 days and I can't figure out where it's leaking from. Would this be a sign that my slave is going out? Also as the fluid gets lower the clutch pedal starts to loose pressure well; it gets to the point that I'll actually have to use my foot and pull the pedal back up.

One bit of information that I probably should add in too is a about a month ago I check the fluid and it was completely empty, so I refilled it and bled the whole system. The fluid that came out was as black as pepsi; it was definitely overdue for a flush.

Re: Leaking Clutch Fluid

Three things to look at. Clutch master cylinder { this will normally leak into car n make the carpet wet} Slave cylinder {will leak out of the bell housing} Last thing to look at is connection where the braided line plugs into the slave cylinder. Very important to use a new oem o ring on this connection or it will leak. "Pepsi" is hard on the system flush it clean once leak is fixed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      6 hours ago
    • ssms5411
      Had to get another phone
      by ssms5411
      Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
      1 week ago
    • ssms5411
      Leaking front cover
      by ssms5411
      So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
      2 weeks ago
    • transamtom1
      Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
      by transamtom1
      Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X