OEM-style clutch? Exedy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM-style clutch? Exedy?

Okay - I'm pickin' up my 1993 Camaro this weekend - non-t-top, 3.4, 5 speed. It's undrivable right now due to clutch issues, but otherwise it's a solid car, and I'm getting it dirt-cheap. It needs a slave cylinder and a throwout bushing, so I'm gonna install a new clutch kit and flywheel - the old one looks pretty abused from the clutch not disengaging correctly. This project is definitely a budget build, so I'd like to start out with OE parts so I can get this baby running and driving, then work the bugs out before I sink money into higher end parts. I've spent some time reading reviews for inexpensive (cheap) clutches, seems Exedy got pretty good reviews - much better than Bahnhof and Zoom/Perfection, and around the same as Valeo, Sachs and LUK. I know, I'd love to throw in a Centerforce or other HP clutch, but until I know how it runs and drives... I'm looking at a new Exedy clutch kit for around 130 bucks delivered, so that's hard to beat. Without trashing me for using OE-style parts, anyone have any comments or opinions about Exedy, or any other clutches in that price range? Thanks!

Re: OEM-style clutch? Exedy?

Exedy works fine in my daily driver with a 3.8 . Never had a problem with it since installed about 45,000 miles ago. It would'nt finish a race but for daily street driving it works fine. I don't think a ceramic race clutch would work well on the street for several reasons. They're too strong, like on or off, they about cook your flywheel and they chatter. The only good thing about them is they can take whatever you can dish out making some other part the next weakest link.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X