transgo manual stick shift on a 4l60e - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transgo manual stick shift on a 4l60e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transgo manual stick shift on a 4l60e

I was wondering if anybody as had any experience with this or tried it was thinking about doing itand just wanted to know is it worth it before I spend the money on it.

Re: transgo manual stick shift on a 4l60e

Okay ive done some research and some people say that transgo shift kits are crap and cause premature ware on the trans is that true? If So I was just wondering if anybody has done a trans swap from the 4l60e to the t5. I know I will need a t5, clutch, clutch pedal, and wiring harness. I was wondering would I need to change the suspension crossmember? I know I will have to get the pcm reprogrammed. Or should I just rebuild 4l60e? Hope someone can help thanks

Comment

I went from a t5 to a auto and had a transgo shift kit installed and vette servo and I really like it. I always thought the trans go shift kits are suppose to increase the life of the tranny since the shifts are harder and theres less slippage on the clutches.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Do you think it would be something to keep and use as a dd? Because there are times I wish it was a manual and sometimes when im in traffic and just like not having to worry about shifting . Because I was also wanting to rebuild my engine and still trying to pick what I want and stuff and seen thought and thought it was cool and maybe if I set up right I could get some hard launches at the track

Comment

Yeah its not too bad, when you install the shift kit it has like 3 settings with how many shims to use 1 being the softest and 3 being the hardest setting I used 2 and then fined tuned it through Hptuners. Mine doesnt shift too hard unless you really get on it and then it will snap you back when it shifts. So even if you did 1 shim and then tuned it with Hptuners youd be happy with the results.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

So what would I need to get to make it work because I found a modified manual valve body but didn't know what kit to get. And doesit have a full auto if you put it in drive its back to a auto. The only reason im asking is I read it that but didn't see how that would work

Comment

So your not going to let the computer shift the trans. Your going to do it manually? I think im confused now lol.

Comment

I wouldn't go HD-3 kit, I have read that manually shifting it is very hard on the trans, HD-2 kit is a very good kit- let the auto shift itself, you cannot shift the car any faster. Invest in a stall instead. The T5's don't belong near any car you intend to make power with..

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Okay well I guess I will stay away from it. And sorry to have confused you. And thats what everybody says the t5 cant handle much power so I dont want to have to keep rebuilding or replacing it. I will just stick with the 4l60e.

Comment

No problem, my mistake I thought you were talking about the HD2 kit, which is alot better than stock if your keeping the automatic trans, like said you won't shift faster than the computer.

Comment

Thats was my bad for not being more specific but thankd for the help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                        hey there strangers!
                        by 3.4 slow to go
                        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                        8 hours ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Had to get another phone
                        by ssms5411
                        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Leaking front cover
                        by ssms5411
                        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • transamtom1
                        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                        by transamtom1
                        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X